Who Can Join
PSTAP membership consists of Active, Associate and Student memberships.
PSTAP CHAPTERS BY REGION: Please note, the counties covered by each of our chapters is listed below. As a member of PSTAP you may join the chapter of your choice. If you do not indicate a chapter preference on the front of this application, you will be assigned based on your geographical location.
- Buxmont – Bucks & Montgomery counties. Meetings at Pinecrest Country Club, 101 Country Club Drive, Lansdale, PA 19446.
- Central – parts of Berks, Chester, Delaware, Lehigh, Luzerne, Northumberland & Montgomery counties, also Carbon, Lancaster, Lebanon and Schuylkill. Meetings at Eden Resort, Lancaster
- Lehigh Valley – parts of Berks & Monroe counties, also Lehigh & Northampton counties. Meetings at the Best Western Holiday Inn, Bethlehem
- Northeast – Parts of Luzerne & Monroe counties, also Lackawanna, Pike, Susquehanna & Wyoming counties. Meetings at the Woodlands Resort, Scranton
- Philadelphia Tri-County – Chester, Delaware, Montgomery, Philadelphia. Meetings at Springfield Country Club, Springfield
- South Central – Adams, Cumberland, Dauphin, Franklin, Perry, York. Meetings at Camp Hill, Penn Harris Hotel
- Southeast – Chester & Delaware counties. Meetings at Concordville Inn, Glen Mills
- West Central – Parts of Bedford & Clearfield counties, also Blair, Bradford, Cambria, Centre, Clinton, Columbia, Lycoming, Mifflin, Montour, Sullivan, Tioga and Union counties. Meetings in Altoona.
- Western Pennsylvania – Parts of Bedford & Clearfield counties, also Allegheny, Butler, Crawford, Erie, Fayette, Greene, Lawrence, McKean, Mercer, Somerset and Warren counties. Meetings at Allison Park, Wildwood Golf Club
ACTIVE MEMBERSHIP (Section 2)
To be eligible for ACTIVE MEMBERSHIP in this society, an applicant must meet the requirements in Subsection 2A or one of the requirements under Subsection 2B:
Subsection 2A – Possess a valid license as a Public Accountant or Certified Public Accountant as defined in the CPA LAW, Act 140 of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
Subsection 2B – Active Membership
- Be accredited in Accountancy or Taxation by the Accreditation Council for Accountancy.
- Be enrolled to practice before the Internal Revenue Service.
- Possesses a B.S. degree in accounting or business administration with at least 12 semester hours in accounting.
- Possesses an associate degree with a major in accounting.
- An individual with five years experience as a principal in accounting in his/her own firm, a partner or officer in an accounting firm or an employee holding a responsible accounting position in an accounting firm.
All active members shall be required to obtain a minimum of 24 hours of continuing professional education annually. Those active members holding a valid Certified Public Accountant or Public Accountant license or those who are enrolled agents must obtain the minimum amount of continuing professional education required by their respective regulating body. Active members must obtain ethics as required by their regulating body or 2 hours annually.
ASSOCIATE MEMBERSHIP (Section 3)
To be eligible for ASSOCIATE MEMBERSHIP in this society, an applicant must not meet any of the requirements under Subsection 2A or 2B, and must meet the requirements of any one of the following subsections.
- Individuals or employees of accounting firms or tax practitioner firms who do not meet any of the qualifications in Subsection 2A or 2B.
- Individuals in government, financial institutions, private sector business, non-profit entities or educational institutions whose primary duties are in the field of accountancy or taxation and do not have any of the qualifications in Subsection 2A or 2B.
All Associate members shall be required to obtain a minimum of 15 hours of continuing professional education annually. Associate members must obtain 2 hours of ethics credits annually.
STUDENT MEMBERSHIP (Section 4)
To be eligible for STUDENT MEMBERSHIP in this society, an applicant must be a full-time student pursuing a course of study in accounting, business administration, or related subjects in a college, university or business school. A full-time student is a person who is enrolled for the number of hours or courses the school considers full-time attendance. A person is not a full-time student if attending school only at night. (Full-time student is defined by IRC Reg. Section 1.151-3(b).)
- Active Membership: $199.00
- Associate Membership: $199.00
- Student Membership: $0
I meet the requirements. I would like to Join Now.